8.15.2011

in re #12: 20 new books

Well, I finally finished my first book. I had originally planned on completing Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential while on vacation with my family, but when my so cute it should be illegal three year old niece wants to be in the ocean the whole time, I want to be too.

In general, I really enjoyed the read. I was never "shocked" by any of the revelations Bourdain makes about the restaurant industry, perhaps because I spent two summers working at the venerable Aragosta Rossa...... but nevertheless, it was a great insight into the high-paced environment of big city kitchens. If you're a person that loves food, restaurants, and foul language, I definitely recommend giving this one a glance.

Up next: Naked by David Sedaris.
       

And remember, you can always check out the books I've read and any books I plan to read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment