1.23.2012

Jewish Apple Cake

For the month of December, my baked from scratch item was Jewish Apple Cake. We made the cake twice in one weekend for holiday parties, and got rave reviews for it all around.

The cake is relatively easy to make and is so delicious. The apples keep the cake extremely moist. I opted to leave the skin on the apples, which adds flecks of color throughout.

I can't take any credit for this one though, as the recipe was given to me by Jake's mom. As such, I also won't be revealing the recipe. Sorry folks. Instead, here's a link to similar recipes, though none of them are exactly the same as I followed, so I make no guarantees. My guess is they'll be pretty darn delicious, but not as good as the one we have. Call me biased, I'll probably agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment