7.31.2011

#40 Fly a Kite

Vacation is over. Sad face.

BUT, we did have an amazing week in Duck, NC spent at "Landing II" right about here:


It was a wonderful trip filled with dolphin sightings, family dinners on the deck, dune runs with Erica, and jumping over waves with my niece and nephew. And although it's nice to be back home, I'm now much more painfully aware of the fact that our apartment is not three houses from the beach.

One especially fun activity on our trip was getting to fly a kite for the first time in well over a decade I'm sure. It's amazing how wonderful such a simple act can make you feel. You can't help being filled with a sense of awe as the kite rises slowly in the sky. Of course it doesn't hurt to have a three year old first time kiteflier literally jumping for joy around either.

Erica wrote a great post about our experience, so I'm going to cheat a bit and ask you to just hop over to her blog to read more. I will include the following video and pictures so I don't come off as completely lazy today, even though I totally am.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment